Speckled Trout Fishing Charters
Louisiana coastal regions offer some of the best speckled trout fishing around. You’ll sure have an amazing time on an inshore fishing trip with one of our amazing captains leading the way. The speckled trout comes to Venice, Louisiana every summer to spawn so there are plenty of fish to catch between April and November. Our experienced captains know just where to find the fish so you know you’re sure to catch a hand full of speckled trout on one of our inshore charters.
About Speckled Trout:
- The Speckled Trout is also known as the Spotted Seatrout
- Speckled trout eat shrimp and crustaceans, though their eating habits change as their size does
- Males average around 19 inches and females around 25 inches
Strategies used to catch Speckled Trout:
- Home Run Charters uses a few different techniques to catch Speckled Trout:
- Under popping corks with live or artificial bait
- Using top water lures
- Live bait on a Carolina rig
- Bouncing plastic jogs off the bottom
- Most Speckled Trout are caught 2-20ft with rod and reel
In Venice, Louisiana you are sure to catch a hand full of Speckled Trout. The Speckled Trout here usually weigh between 2-4 pounds. Currently the daily bag limit for Speckled Trout is 25 per person. To book your Speckled Trout fishing trip in Venice, Louisiana please contact us today!