Whether you opt for an inshore or offshore chartered fishing trip in Venice, LA, you can expect a full, fun day of fishing. You can also expect that you’re going to get hungry and thirsty while out on the water. That is why it is imperative to keep yourself hydrated and well fed, ESPECIALLY as we approach the hot summer months. We’ve provided some of the best food and beverage options to bring onboard that are nutritious, delicious, and are easy to pack up. Check it out….
- Sandwiches: Bread…check. Meat…check. Cheese…check. Veggies…. well, maybe. Sandwiches are a great option to take on your fishing trip as they package easily and provide a substantial meal complete with the helpful carbohydrates and protein that will keep you going throughout the entire day. Not a meat eater? No problem. Everyone loves a good ol’ fashioned PB&J!
- Beef Jerky: This makes for a tasty snack and will give you the protein punch you need in between meals.
- Trail Mix: Sweet, spicy, or savory, trail mix comes in all kinds of varieties and is another great option to take on the trip.
- Chips, Pretzels, Cheese Crackers, & More: They’re crunchy, salty, and delicious and pretty much all fall under the same category. However, it’s best to enjoy these yummy snacks with a sandwich as there’s little protein or nutritional value.
- Protein Bars or Granola Bars: These are easy to take on the boat and provide some of the sustenance you may need such as fiber and protein. Just make sure you’re getting the right kind as some granola bars are full of sugar and offer very little nutrition.
- Gatorade and Water: Both will do a body good, especially on a hot day, so load up the cooler and go heavy on the ice. Drinking cold non-alcoholic beverages will keep you well hydrated, help with motion sickness, and keep you going throughout the day. Keep sodas and alcoholic drinks to a minimum as both dehydrate the body.
Staying at the Home Run Lodge? You can opt for the all-inclusive package that includes a lunch on your fishing trip. Spring and summer chartered inshore and offshore fishing excursions are filling up quickly, so book your trip now! For more information or to check availability, please give us a call at (504) 909-TUNA.