One of the great things about our chartered fishing trips in Venice, LA is that we take care of almost everything! However, in preparation for your trip, you do need to obtain a fishing license and offshore landing permit. Don’t worry, it is super easy. Here’s what you need to know…
- Charter Passenger License: Persons who fish from a chartered vessel in saltwater areas of the state, with a licensed guide on board at all times, may possess a Charter Passenger License for $10.00 that is valid for three consecutive days.
- There are several easy ways to purchase your Charter Passenger License.
- Online with the E-License *E-Licenses can be printed using your own computer or saved to a mobile device that you intend to take with you on the fishing trip. Recreational licenses that are purchased with a mobile device will not receive a license in the mail. You will receive a text with a temporary authorization number, an email with the temporary authorization number, and a PDF of your license which can be saved and printed.
- Call the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries at 1-888-765-2602. *An authorization # for immediate use will be provided. Licenses can also be mailed for a small service fee.
- Offshore Landing Permit: New regulations require all anglers and charter captains possessing tunas, billfish, swordfish, amberjacks, groupers, snappers, hinds, cobia, wahoo and dolphin to obtain an Offshore Landing Permit.
- Free of charge to both residents and non-residents.
- A Charter Passenger License must be purchased prior to obtaining the Offshore Landing Permit.
- Click here to obtain your permit. You will be required to register your contact information and charter/recreational license number.
- Minors under the age of 16 are not required to obtain a recreational offshore landing permit.
For more information on obtaining recreational fishing licenses in Louisiana, click here. For information on our charted inshore and offshore fishing trips, please give us a call!